WALWORTH, Wis. – Mecum Auctions closed out 2018 December 6-8 in Kansas City, Missouri, achieving overall sales totals of $8.7 million. Individual sales were topped by a rare black with just 870 miles that brought $308,000.
As an auction noted for its annual delivery of a diverse and varied lineup, this year’s event produced a surprisingly focused top 10 sales list. Seven of the top 10 sales were Chevrolets and four of those were Corvettes. It was two resto modded , however, that followed the in top dollars achieved, with a model selling for $77,000 and a bringing $74,250. Others to appear in the top 10 included a pickup truck, a Bentley and a Cobra Replica, demonstrating that despite Chevrolet’s top 10 takeover, variety was indeed still on tap.
The complete top at the Mecum Kansas City 2018 auction include:
- 2006 Ford GT at $308,000
- 1967 Chevrolet Camaro at $77,000
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro at $74,250
- 1965 Chevrolet C10 Pickup at $69,300
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible at $69,300
- 1966 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe at $68,750
- 1962 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible at $67,100
- 2017 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Heritage Edition at $67,100
- 2009 Bentley GT Coupe at $67,100
- 1965 Superformance Shelby Cobra Replica at $66,000
Mecum’s next auction will be The World’s Largest Collector Car Auction, to be held Jan. 3-13 in Kissimmee, Florida, and featuring and more thanto cross the auction block. For more details on upcoming auctions, to consign a vehicle or to register as a bidder, visit , or call (262) 275-5050 for more information.
MECUM AUCTIONS // 445 SOUTH MAIN STREET // WALWORTH, WI 53184-8261
OFFICE HOURS // M-F 7AM-6PM CT
PHONE (262) 275-5050 // FAX (262) 275-3424
Plan your upcoming year with the 2019 Reader Rides Calendar by Firsatsaatleri.